Glue formaldehyde = glue bonding strength ,most of the plywood glue are made of formaldehyde ,so we know the relationship now .In some certain requirements ,more formaldehyde more glue bonding strength .
Visited so many factories ,found something interesting ,when we asked them if they can do some special plywood ,they always say yes ,even we could not see any required machines can support the special plywood production .
Effects of moisture content on formaldehyde emission and mechanical properties of plywood,we know that most of the plywood glue contains the formaldehyde ,it is the part of the glue can show the good glue strength .If less formaldehyde means less glue bonding strength .
For example ,when we visited some birch plywood factories in the winter now ,we checked if they can do CARB Phase 2 E0 glue plywood ,need pass the formaldehyde emission test ,they said yes ,but we have not see any core veneer kiln dryer machine ,just saw few piece of veneer core hot pressing machines ,when I checked their core veneer ,found the core veneer moisture content is very high ,this is the basic principle that the core veneer should be dried to meet the E0 glue formaldehyde emission ,or the wet core veneer lay-up platform can not be formed and cold pressed ,not easy to make hot pressing ,then the glue bonding strength is not good .Because E0 glue has less formaldehyde emission ,less bonding strength ,if the core veneer moisture content is high ,need make the hot pressing ,the glue strength should be weaken and poor .
含水率 和 甲醛含量 本身就是一个矛盾点，需要找到它们的平衡点才可以做成E0的板材。
Moisture content and formaldehyde content itself is a contradiction, need to find their equilibrium point can be made of E0 plywood.
All the core veneer needs to be dry, so the professional E0 plywood factory has kiln drying equipment. And do E0 plywood, veneer quality is better. Much higher than ordinary E2 and E1 requirements.
So do E0 plywood, the production process has a number of difference, a lot of cost increases.
Core veneer drying, core veneer quality level, glue cost…
Can not simply think that produce E0 the plywood in only need to use E0 glue .
Wood is a hygroscopic material and has ability to exchange its moisture content with air. Many mechanical properties are affected by changes in moisture content below the fiber saturation point of wood. This study evaluates the formaldehyde emission and some mechanical properties of poplar and spruce plywood panels manufactured from rotary cut veneers having different moisture content by using urea–formaldehyde (UF) and modified urea formaldehyde by melamine (M+UF). Rotary cut veneers obtained from poplar and spruce logs were classified into three groups and veneers in each group were then conditioned in a climate chamber to either 4–6%, 10–12% or 16–18% moisture content. Plywood panels with three plies and in 6mm thickness were manufactured for each group. Formaldehyde emission, shear strength, bending strength and modulus of elasticity values of plywood panels were determined. Best bonding results were obtained in plywood panels with veneers having 4–6% moisture content. Lowest mechanical properties were found for plywood panels manufactured from veneers conditioned to 16–18% moisture content. Formaldehyde emission values of poplar and spruce plywood panels decreased with increasing veneer moisture content for both glue types. Formaldehyde emission content of panels decreased with melamine addition into the urea formaldehyde glue mixture. Veneer dried to about 10% moisture content, based on oven-dry weight. Glued with phenol-formaldehyde resin glue (
Low formaldehyde emission, fast pressing, pine and pecan tannin adhesives for exterior particleboard
Exterior grade particleboard satisfying the requirements of the V100 test, of formaldehyde emission well within the emission standard E1 class, and of pressing times as fast as 8.5 sec/mm can be produced at higher moisture contents using fast-reacting non-modified and non-fortified procyanidin/prodelphinidin tannin extracts such as pine bark tannin extract and pecan nut pith tannin extract. Such results, under the conditions reported are not achieved with the slower reacting tannins traditionally associated with the practice of tannin adhesives. The results reported establish that the faster is the reaction of the tannin with formaldehyde, the lower is the amount of formaldehyde needed to achieve V100 standard, the lower is the formaldehyde emission, the faster is the pressing time achievable and the higher is the tolerance of the adhesive to high moisture content of the resinated wood particles.
- Species: Anigre, Ash, Birch, Cherry, Clear Pine, Knotty Pine, Mahogany, Maple, Red Oak, White Oak, Walnut
- Cores: Veneer Core, Fiberboard Core, Particleboard Core, Fire Retardant Core
- Sizes: 4 x 8, 4 x 10, 4 x 12, in stock – Up to 5 x 12 – Cut to Size Available
- Thicknesses: 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 1″, 13/16″
- Cuts & Grades: All Hardwood Plywood is available in Rotary Cut, Plain Sliced, Rift Cut, and Quarter Sawn Veneers, and in any face/back combination of Grades A, B, C, D, 1, 2, 3, 4. Architectural Grade Sequence Matched and Numbered Panels
- Custom Layups and Blue Print Matching Capabilities
- Exceeds HPVA Quality Standards
- Bendable substrates for curved shapes or surfaces
- Available in veneer core or MDF
- Neatform-Bendable MDF
- Species Available: Lauan, Meranti, Birch, Agathis, Melapi, Virola and more
- Sizes: 4 x 8, 4 x 10, Cut to Size
- Thicknesses: 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″
- Grades: G1S, G2S, Interior and Exterior
- Cores: Veneer Core, Lumber Core
- APA Approved Douglas Fir Plywood
- Grades: AC, AB, Marine Grade, Medium Density Overlay, Fire Retardant
- Sizes: 4 x 8, 4 x 10, Cut to Size
- Thicknesses: 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 1″
- Multi-ply Birch Plywood – Strong, Lightweight, and Durable
- Sizes: 3 x 4, 4 x 5, 4 x 6, 5 x 5, Cut to Size
- Thicknesses: 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 11/16″, 3/4″, 1″
- Perfect for all Wood Working Projects
- Also good for Dieboards
- Multi-ply Birch Plywood
- Sizes: 5 x 5, 5 x 7, 4 x 8
- Thicknesses: 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm, 15.9mm, 18mm, 24mm
- Great for all Wood Working Projects
- Also good for Dieboards
MAPLE DIE BOARDS
- 100% Solid Maple 5 – Ply Die Board – Flat & Rotary
- Mixed Core 5-Ply for Economy Dies
- Cold Press Process to Assure Stability
- Interior Glue Line to Allow Laser Cutting
- Flat Sizes: 24 x 36, 36 x 48, 48 x 60, 48 x 72 Cut to Size
- Rotary Sizes: 101/8″, 105/8″, 143/8″ 193/16″ x 51″, 60″, 75″, 80″, 102″
- Flat Thicknesses: 1/2″, 5/8″, 11/16″, 3/4″, 7/8″, 1″
- Rotary Thicknesses: 1/2″, 5/8″.
INDUSTRIAL GRADE PARTICLEBOARD
- 45-50 LB. Density per cubic foot Softwood Composition Board.
- Ideal for Laminating, Painting, Machining, and Fabricating.
- Particleboard with Backer Already Applied
- Thicknesses: 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 11/16″, 3/4″, 1″, 11/8″
- Sizes: 4 x 8, 4 x 10, 5 x 8, 5 x 10, 25 x 96, 25 x 120, 24 x 144, 30 x 96, 30 x 120, 30 x 144, 36 x 96, 36 x 120, 36 x 144, Cut to Size
MEDIUM DENSITY FIBERBOARD
- 48 LB. Density per cubic foot
- Flat, Smooth, Uniform Composition
- Superior Machining and Finishing Qualities
- Thicknesses: 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 11/16″, 3/4″, 1″, 11/8″
- Sizes: 4 x 8, 5 x 8, 4 x 12, Cut to Size
- Structural Low Density Fiberboard Product
- No Asbestos or Formaldehyde Content
- Available as Class C or Class A Fire Rated Panels
- Design Wall – Fabric Laminated Wall Panel
- Nova Cork – Genuine Natural Cork Overlaid Panels
- Sizes: 4 x 8, 4 x 10
LAMINATES & PANELS
PANOLAM BRAND PRODUCTS
- Nevamar Laminate – Solids, Patterns,Woodgrains, Colorcore®
- Sizes: 3 x 8, 3 x 10, 3 x 12, 4 x 8, 4 x 10, 4 x 12, 5 x 8, 5 x 10, 5 x 12
- Thicknesses: 1/32″, 1/16″
- Melcor® : Solid Color Core Laminate
- Labgrade: Chemical Resistant Laminate
- Fire Retardant Laminate
- Finishes: Textured, Polished, Embossed
- Deco Metal® High pressure laminate with the decorative surface quality of real metal.
- FSS Formica: Solid surface material very similar to Corian®. Available in sheets and shapes.
- Available in 72 Colors, Patterns and Granites
- Size: 30 x 144
THERMAL FUSED MELAMINE PANELS
- Distributor for Pluswood Brand
- Decorative Thermal Fused Melamine Overlay on Industrial Grade Particle Board
- Passes ALA Standards
- Thicknesses: 1/4″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 1″
- Sizes: 4 x 8, 5 x 8, 5 x 9, Cut to Size
- Finishes: Suede, Gloss, Embossed
- Colors: White, Almond, Fog Grey, Black, Folkstone Grey, Natural Oak, Hardrock Maple and many designer Colors
- Nevamar, Wilson Art, Formica, Pionite
- Particleboard Core, Fiberboard Core, Plywood Core
PVC FOAM SHEETS
- Expanded PVC Foam Sheets
- Sign and Display Quality Material
- 4 x 8, 4 x 10, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, and 12.7mm Thick
- White available in all thicknesses. Black available in 3mm, 6mm, and 12.7mm. All other colors available in 3mm and 6mm only.
- Slotted Merchandising Panels
- Many Surface Selections: Paint Grade, LPL, HPL, and Veneer
- With or Without Groove Inserts