A Brief Introduction to the Classification of Commonly Used Wood-based Panels
1. Particleboard: Particleboard is a thin artificial board made of wood chips, glue and additives. Pressing methods can be divided into two categories: extruded particleboard and flat particleboard.
2. Fire-proof board: Fire-proof board is a decorative man-made board made by autoclaving technology, which is mainly made of silica or calcareous materials and mixed with a certain proportion of fibre materials, lightweight aggregates, adhesives and chemical additives. It is a new type of material used more and more at present, and other uses are not only for fire protection. The construction of fire-proof board requires higher glue sticking, and the price of fire-proof board with better quality is more expensive than decorative panel. Fireproof panels are generally 0.8 mm, 1 mm and 1.2 mm thick.
3. Plywood: The industry commonly known as thin core board, by three or more layers of 1mm thick veneer or laminate paste hot pressing. It is the most commonly used material in hand-made furniture at present. The splints are generally divided into six specifications: 3mm, 5mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm and 18mm.
4. Big core board: called Blockboard in the industry. The large core board is made of two pieces of veneer joined together by sticking and pressing. The price of large core board is cheaper than that of thin core board. Its vertical bending strength (distinguished by the direction of core material) is poor, but its transverse bending strength is higher.
5. Melamine board: Melamine board, full name is melamine impregnated paper veneer wood-based panels. It is a decorative board made by soaking paper with different colors or textures in melamine resin adhesives, drying it to a certain degree of curing, paving it on the surface of particleboard, medium density fiberboard or rigid fiberboard, and hot pressing.
Melamine board is a kind of wall decoration material. At present, some people use melamine boards to fake composite floors for floor decoration, which is inappropriate.
6. Gypsum board: It is made of ripe gypsum as the main raw material mixed with additives and fibers. It has the properties of light weight, heat insulation, sound absorption, non-flammability and sawability. The combination of gypsum board and light steel keel (pressed by thin-plated steel) forms the ceiling of light steel keel gypsum board. There are many kinds of gypsum board, including paper gypsum board and hollow gypsum board. There are many specifications on the market. At present, the use of light steel keel gypsum board ceilings as partitions is more, less used as modeling ceilings.
7. MDF: MDF, also known as fiberboard, is made of wood or other plant fibers as raw materials, urea-formaldehyde resin or other suitable adhesives. According to its density, it can be divided into high and medium density board, medium density board and low and medium density board.
Medium density board is a good material for making furniture in foreign countries because of its soft, impact resistance and easy reprocessing. However, because the national standard for high and medium density board is several times lower than the international standard, the quality of use of medium density board in China needs to be improved.