Common Grades and Specifications of Pinus radiata Planks in New Zealand
No #1 Clears (#1 Net Material)
Quality: All-sided, defect-free
No #2 Clears (#2 Net Material)
Quality: There are defects on one side and no defects on the other.
No #1 Cuttings (#1 Cutting Material)
Quality: 70% yield per piece of wood. Scar-free part not less than 1000mm
No #2 Cuttings (#2 Cutting Material)
Quality: 70% yield per piece of wood. Scar-free part not less than 600 mm
No #3 Cuttings (#3 Cutting Material)
Quality: The yield of each piece of wood is 60%. Scar-free part not less than 200 mm
Coreless Material (PFCOL)
Coreless lumber consists of wood of the following grades and proportions
No.1 Cutting 5% – 10%
No.2 Cutting 20% – 30%
No.3 Cutting 55% – 65%
F/J Grade 5% – 10%
New Zealand Radiation Pine Board Quality Standard
1. The sheets supplied under the contract invoice shall conform to New Zealand Standard 3631:1988;
2. According to New Zealand Standard 3631:1988, the unit of measurement for sheets supplied is cubic metres in volume and millimetres in size.
3. Referring to New Zealand Standard 3631:1988, clause 22.214.171.124, dry defects such as hook bending, S-bending, concave bending, end cracking, etc.
A trap may be limited or permitted;
4. Drying refers to the drying of wood at 70-95 degrees in order to achieve the moisture content of the board between 8-12% at the time of shipment.
5. The following wood defects shall not be allowed or restricted:
1) Blue change (a certain amount of mildew on the surface, but it will not lead to blue change, it is acceptable);
2) Dry spots (2 MM after surface shaving, no obvious marks, can be accepted);
3) Gaps are not allowed (unless mentioned by WWPA in RW);
4) terminal crack, crack, minimum (no more than 50MM);
5) Excessive surface cracks and internal cracks;
6) Excessive resin content leads to difficulties in wood finishing.
7) In each package, the size of the insufficient plate shall not exceed 5% by volume.
Definition of Insufficient Size: The measured value at 1/3 of the center of the sheet is less than 5% of the value of the sheet specified in the invoice. Such a sheet size
Inadequate sheet metal;
Please note that the cutting grade only refers to the proportion of net wood between defects, and there is no limit on the size of defects.
6. The target criteria for the grade of unintentional Tonglu are as follows:
Grade 1 cutting material 5-10%
2 grade cutting material 20-30%
Grade 3 cutting materials 55-65%
Note: Cutting grade is not classified, and the proportion mentioned above is the ideal average value.
7. Packaging of dried sheets:
Unless otherwise intended, all dry sheets placed in containers shall be packed in plastic and then bound with wire (at least three and one).
Bundle), placed on a movable pad, plastic 2.5 meters wide. All dry sheets are stored, transported and used for export.
All containers should be properly kept from weather.
timber grades nz,
radiata pine new zealand,
radiata pine log grades,
timber treatment grades nz,
dressed timber sizes nz,
radiata pine density,
timber grades explained,
new zealand treated pine,