Common manufacturing defects of fiberboard (MDF,HDF,HARDBOARD,CHIPBOARD,PARTICLE BOARD,OSB ,LDF)
How to identify the quality of MDF? We tell you the identification methods of MDF from the aspects of eye observation, hand touch and nose smell:
1、 Eye view
1. Surface cleanliness and Flatness: when we get a density board, we first look at whether there are obvious particles on the surface. If there are particles, it means that impurities are involved in the manufacturing process. Then we can look at whether the surface is flat from the side. If it is not flat, it means that there is a problem with the material or coating process.
2. Cross section: the length of sawdust particles in the center of the cross section should generally be kept at 5-10mm. It is too long, the structure is loose, too short, and the deformation resistance is poor, resulting in the non-standard static bending strength.
3. Color: the color of good density board is generally white or yellowish. If the color is black and brown, there may be quality problems.
2、 Hand touch
1. Smoothness: when we touch the surface of the density board by hand, if it feels smooth, it means that the quality of the density board should be good. If it feels astringent, it means that the processing is not in place.
2. Strength: we can pick up one end of the density board and vibrate a few times. If we feel that the board is very strong, it indicates that the quality of the board is good, and the poor board is easy to break. You can also feel the overall elasticity of the lower board. Inferior boards are generally hard.
3. We can press the board with our fingers or gently scratch the density board with our nails. If we can’t press it and a white mark appears after the scratch, it means that the quality is better.
We can ask about the smell of the board. If there is a pungent smell, it means that the formaldehyde content of the density board exceeds the standard, and a good board has no pungent smell. We can also soak the density board in water and see its expansion degree in a short time to judge the quality of the density board.如无特殊说明，文章均为本站原创，转载请注明出处。If there are no special instructions, the articles are original, if you want to use or reproduce, please indicate the original source www.plywoodinspection.com,If you find that our articles infringe on your copyrights and interests, please email us at email@example.com in time and we will delete it at the first time.