Dyed Veneer, smoked veneer, technology veneer
Wood veneer is a kind of wood decorative veneer material, including natural wood veneer and non natural wood veneer. Dyed wood veneer, smoked wood veneer and technology wood veneer are all non natural wood veneers that need to be processed again. Most of these veneers are made of logs through bleaching, dyeing, recombination, gluing, planing and other processes, and then they are cut into decorative veneers. They can imitate the color and texture of natural wood skin in appearance. Compared with natural wood skin, they have a wider choice of raw materials, protected precious tree resources, and more abundant production methods. Now they have been widely used in interior decoration, furniture, wooden toys, art and other fields.
So what are the advantages and disadvantages and different application scenarios of Dyed Veneer, smoked veneer and technological veneer? Let’s introduce it in detail.
I. Dyed Veneer
The raw material of Dyed Veneer is natural veneer, but it is not “superior” natural veneer. It is to use some defective natural veneer. The purpose is to deal with these defects and avoid natural defects such as wormholes and scabs. It can eliminate the color difference between wood core sapwood, early and late wood and vortex grain, make the surface of veneer more smooth and achieve the color and texture of natural veneer, which is obvious Improve the decorative and added value of wood.
1. Advantages of Dyed Veneer
(1) reuse of inferior materials. The Dyed Veneer makes use of the defective natural veneer. Under the condition of the lack of forest resources, the use of inferior wood can make full use of the wood resources, reduce the waste, and reduce the cost of raw materials.
(2) rich color. Dyeing methods of Dyed Veneer include dye dyeing, chemical dyeing, color matching dyeing, thermochemical dyeing, etc. rich dyeing methods can make Dyed Veneer achieve better decorative effect. Dyed veneer can not only imitate the color of natural wood, but also imitate its pattern, which can improve the monotonous color of natural veneer. Dyed veneer can greatly enhance the visual effect of veneer and increase the added value of veneered wood products.
(3) finish the wood surface. Through the absorption and penetration of dye molecules in wood, dyed veneer can hide the local color difference caused by the defects such as wormholes and scabs on the surface of wood, which makes the surface of wood smoother and widens the utilization way of inferior wood.
2. Disadvantages of Dyed Veneer
(1) the limitation of wood permeability. The quality of Dyed Veneer depends on the permeability of wood to a great extent. To improve the permeability of wood is the first thing we should do before dyeing. Only considering the permeability of wood can improve the quality of Dyed Veneer.
(2) environmental pollution. Wood dyeing belongs to the category of chemical processing, which will produce a lot of waste water and waste water. If these industrial waste water is not properly treated, it will cause great pollution to the environment.
(3) dye discoloration. The Dyed Veneer will undergo photochemical reaction after strong sunlight, which will lead to discoloration of the veneer, and too humid indoor environment will also lead to discoloration of the dyed veneer. Therefore, it is very important to use fixative for dyed veneer.
3. Application of Dyed Veneer
Dyed veneer is mainly used as veneer decoration materials for cabinets, wardrobes and bookcases in the field of furniture, which can achieve natural and beautiful decoration effect, not inferior to natural veneer, and its price is cheaper than natural veneer.
2. Smoked wood skin
Fumigated veneer is a kind of veneer that has been carbonized or treated deeply, which makes the veneer surface have a very thin carbonized layer. The change of veneer performance can be compared with paint, but it can highlight the concave and convex wood grain on the surface and produce three-dimensional effect.
The earliest fumigated veneer used fire to burn wood directly, so as to achieve the effect of insect prevention and moisture-proof, greatly increasing the service life of wood.
In recent years, with the progress of science and technology, the production technology of smoked wood skin is also advancing with the times. It is no longer a simple way to process wood by burning wood. Today’s fumigated veneer is treated at a high temperature of 220 degrees and evaporates its moisture and other volatile substances. This method can make the wood skin darker, the wood skin with high degree of smoke presents black, and the wood skin with low degree presents brown. This is a pure physical method, without any chemical reagent, which is more green and environmental friendly than the dyed wood skin. And because in recent years in the home decoration industry popular retro style, industrial style, also let this kind of dark smoke wood skin more popular.
1. Advantages of smoked wood skin
(1) the texture is clear and unique. The surface texture of smoked wood skin is convex and concave, with excellent texture. It is widely used in outdoor balcony exterior wall, garden balcony furniture, outdoor floor and other occasions.
(2) strong durability. The stability of smoked wood bark is very strong, which can effectively prevent moth and moisture. It will not change easily due to the sun or humid environment, greatly extending the service life of smoked wood bark products.
(3) environmental protection. All the wood processed by fumigating wood comes from the local sustainable development forest, which is an environmental protection alternative to the endangered tropical wood. Moreover, the fumigated wood skin is treated at high temperature without using chemical reagents, which will reduce the emission of formaldehyde and environmental pollution.
2. Disadvantages of smoked wood skin
(1) high brittleness. Due to the high temperature treatment of the smoked wood skin, the wood skin will be dry and brittle, so the appropriate adhesives and base materials should be selected when veneering wood products.
(2) single color. One of the important points of smoked wood skin compared with dyed wood skin is that smoked wood skin has no color, and is mainly dark, which is mainly used to create a high-end, retro visual experience.
3. Application of smoked wood skin
The color of smoked wood skin is deep, and it has good insect proof and moisture-proof performance. It is widely used as outdoor decorative veneer material, wall veneer, wooden door veneer, etc.
III. technological wood veneer
Science and technology veneer is a kind of veneer with beautiful texture, which is made by computer simulation design. After being twisted and deformed, science and technology veneer is planed and sliced to obtain veneer. After being flame-retardant treated, veneer is pasted on melamine impregnated paper substrate, and then made into veneer high-pressure decorative board through surface treatment.
Although the patterns of these decorative boards are simulated by computer, they have unique texture, texture and color of wood, and there are many kinds. No matter red beech, sabili, ebony and rosewood, they are all imitated lifelike and can be mass produced. As a new generation of facing materials, science and technology veneer can be used not only for wood-based panel and furniture, but also for curved surface, irregular surface and interior wall decoration.
1. Advantages of science and technology wood skin
(1) colorful patterns. The technological veneer is designed by computer and can be made into many kinds of natural wood colors and textures. It can also be made into dynamic and lively patterns to meet the personalized needs of consumers. The appearance of technological veneer has broken the situation that family decoration is limited by wood species and varieties for many years, and it can realize people’s diversified choices.
(2) wide range of raw materials. The raw materials of science and technology wood veneer come from a wide range of sources. As long as it is light colored and easy to process wood and wood, it can be used. The remaining materials in its production process can also be made into particleboard and other base materials again. This not only protects forest resources, but also realizes the full utilization of wood resources.
(3) low production cost. Compared with natural veneer, the comprehensive utilization rate of science and technology wood is close to 100%, and the production cost is 50-70% lower than natural veneer, which has better market competitiveness.
2. Disadvantages of technological veneer
(1) the yield is low. At present, the output rate of scientific and technological wood sawn by domestic manufacturers of scientific and technological wood veneer is about 70%, which seriously affects the economic benefits. We know that behind the price competition is the cost competition. The higher the output rate, the lower the cost. This can not only increase the profits of the enterprise, but also facilitate the storage, transportation and sales.
(2) the process is complex. Due to the complexity of the production process of technological veneer, strict quality control is usually required to achieve satisfactory results.
3. Application of science and technology wood veneer
With the continuous improvement and innovation of technology, science and technology wood veneer is widely used in the fields of composite floor, fire-proof board, furniture veneer, etc., and it has been widely used in various crafts, daily necessities and sports articles.
Dyed Veneer, smoked veneer and technological veneer all have their own advantages. When choosing veneer furniture, we should recognize the appropriate veneer materials. The most important thing is to conform to our own preferences and match the style of home decoration.如无特殊说明，文章均为本站原创，转载请注明出处。If there are no special instructions, the articles are original, if you want to use or reproduce, please indicate the original source www.plywoodinspection.com,If you find that our articles infringe on your copyrights and interests, please email us at email@example.com in time and we will delete it at the first time.