LVL STORAGE, HANDLING AND INSTALLATION
Failure to follow good procedures for installation, storage and handling could result in unsatisfactory performance and unsafe structures.
LVL should be stored lying flat and protected from the weather.
• Stickers to be aligned one above the other and spaced no more than 8’-0” apart.
• Do not exceed a storage bundle height of 10’-0”.
• Keep the material above ground to minimize the absorption of ground moisture and allow circulation of air.
• Report all forklift damage prior to shipment.
LVL is for use in covered, dry conditions only. Protect from the weather on the job site both before and after installation.
• Except for cutting to length, LVL shall not be cut, drilled or notched. Heel cuts may be possible.
• Place first set of stickers on hard, level dry surface.
• Do not install any damaged LVL
CAUTION: Wrap may be slippery when wet
These are general recommendations and in some cases, additional precautions may be required