Talking about the Development Trend of Wood-based Panels in 2019 Part 2
Faced with the new challenges and opportunities of global economic integration, climate change, environmental protection, sustainable development of resources and optimal utilization in the 21st century, China must build a competitive, innovative and knowledge-based wood-based panel industry in order to truly transform from a big producer to a strong producer and lead the development of the global wood-based panel industry. Firstly, the new concept of “zero waste, fine processing of biological materials” is introduced, new technologies and ecological sciences are used to develop new generation wood-based materials and wood-based panels; secondly, the unique physical and chemical characteristics and components of wood are used to develop new composite materials, advocating environmental protection quality, reducing formaldehyde emission, making healthy and environmentally friendly panels to meet the social development trend; Wood particles, fibers, cellulose or hemicellulose are used as raw materials to produce a new generation of wood-based materials, wood-based panels and new products, which will be applied in many fields such as vehicles, aviation, medical care, electrical appliances, home building materials and so on. To this end, relevant enterprises, scientific research institutions, trade associations and government authorities should do the following work together:
(1) Formulating medium- and long-term development plans
In light of China’s national conditions, we should formulate a medium and long-term development plan for wood-based panel industry, formulate policies from a macro perspective, optimize the product structure of wood-based panels, continue to develop non-veneer wood-based panels steadily, actively develop structural wood-based panels, and strive to improve the average production capacity and technical level of wood-based panels throughout the country, so as to make China’s wood-based panels industry move from simply expanding production to relying on Good track of development for quality and reduction of energy and material consumption.
(2) Improving the manufacturing level
Utilizing advanced technology of manufacturing industry and information industry to improve the manufacturing level of wood-based panels complete sets of equipment, vigorously promote domestic continuous flat pressing production line, increase the pace of technological transformation in the industry, rapidly eliminate backward technological capacity, realize the automation of wood-based panels production process and the automatic detection, automatic display and automatic control of semi-finished products and finished products in each process, so as to achieve high quality products. Raw materials and energy consumption are low, forming an environmentally friendly, clean and efficient production environment.
(3) Focus on technological improvement and innovation
As the world’s forestry industry manufacturing base, China’s total production of wood-based panels, plywood and medium density fiberboard has been ranked first in the world in recent years. However, the development of wood-based panel industry in China also has some problems, such as unreasonable product structure, low technology content, low product qualification rate and low industrial concentration. Therefore, in order to transform China from a large wood-based panel production country to a strong wood-based panel production country, we must improve the living environment of the industry and take the road of technological innovation.
1. Establish and improve the input system of science and technology in wood-based panel industry, increase the proportion of technology reform in fixed assets investment, broaden financing channels, and increase capital investment in technological progress.
2. The backward equipment should be regularly renovated or eliminated, and the automation level of equipment should be continuously improved to ensure low input, low consumption and high output of products.
3. Timely adjustment of production technology to promote the improvement of comprehensive utilization rate of wood.
4. Strengthen the development of wood-based panels in the construction market and broaden the application fields. We will vigorously develop panels that can replace natural large-diameter timber, various functional and structural panels, and promote the upgrading of industrial structure.
5. Enhancing the ability of independent innovation as the central link of industrial restructuring, upgrading the technical level of industry, establishing a technological innovation system with enterprises as the main body, market-oriented and industry-university-research combination, vigorously improving the original innovation ability, integrated innovation ability and the ability of introducing digestion, absorption and re-innovation, and upgrading the overall technological level of industry.
(4) Industrial restructuring and scaling
With the tide of global economic integration, “strategic collaborative competition” has gradually replaced “exclusive competition” as the main mode of competition. However. However, China’s wood-based panel industry development model is in a state of internal friction: internal enterprises’interests are dispersed, individual interests tend to maximize strong, it is difficult to provide overall impetus for industrial upgrading, and ultimately inevitably lead to unsustainable industrial development. Therefore, we must use market mechanism to establish strategic competition alliance through strategic cooperation between upstream and downstream enterprises, enterprises at the same level, leading enterprises and other enterprises, wood-based panels enterprises in China and similar foreign enterprises, and even between wood-based panels enterprises and enterprises in other industries, so as to draw on advanced technology and management methods and cooperate with each other. Coordination with each other, make up for their own shortcomings, strengthen their own advantages, ultimately improve the overall strength of the industry, and jointly guide and promote the overall development of wood-based panel industry. We should implement the strategy of industrial agglomeration and vigorously develop the wood-based panel industry in cities and towns with special characteristics. When conditions permit, we should also take the road of collectivization. At present, China’s wood-based panel enterprises are mainly privately owned. They should form large-scale enterprise groups by means of restructuring, mergers, joint ventures, bankruptcy, debt-to-equity swaps, and absorbing and developing multiple economic components, so as to form economies of scale, complement each other’s advantages, promote enterprise reform, vigorously promote the fundamental transformation of the mode of economic growth, rapidly strengthen the strength of the industry and enhance competition. Struggle.
(5) Strengthening waste utilization
Following the principle of circular economy, we should strengthen the development and utilization of non-wood fibers such as crop straw, develop the reuse technology of waste wood and wood-based panel resources, establish a recycling system of urban waste wood-based fibers, and organically integrate the recycling of wood-based panel resources with urban environmental protection and waste treatment.
(6) Strengthening Quality Supervision and Inspection
Strengthen the standardization management of wood-based panel industry and product quality supervision and inspection, give full play to the role of quality inspection departments at all levels in product quality assurance system, and encourage enterprises to participate in international standard certification.
(7) Emphasizing the Training of Talents
Emphasis should be placed on personnel training in wood-based panel industry, strengthening the role of science and technology in promoting the development of enterprises, combining upstream and downstream industries according to regional economic characteristics, establishing wood-based panel industry clusters, and building an industrial value chain combining production, education and research.